It's the season of retrospectives and clip shows. Slow news days mean dipping into the back catalog and disguising it as the Year in Review. So I present ten of my favorite posts of 2008. Feel free to vote for one of these or nominate your own in the comments. From recent to not so recent...
- When Frida didn’t meet Lee at SFMoMA - pondering the connections between Lee Miller and Frida Kahlo
- Rockport shoe ad bait and ditch - the quest for imaginary shoes
- Cheesed off in Davis Square - the quest for the perfect cheese sandwich
- San Francisco in six shades of blue- photos from fog city
- What wood you say is the future of radio? - the future of public radio
- Fried Chicken White Wine Blind Tasting- just what it sounds like
- Leaving newspapers on the train: littering or sharing? - pondering litter on the train; this one provoked my favorite comment ever
- Improving the board, one tile at a time- maintaining public scrabble sets
- A Purim story: the data miner, the demagogue, the marketeer and the synagogue - a cautionary tale
- With bagels, everything is nothing- the zen of bagels with unwitting guest star Seth Godin
With somewhere around 250 posts, 2008 has been a banner year for limeduck. Thanks for reading, and happy new year.